Who doesn’t want to have good height? Everybody wants! That is why we have these best exercises to increase height in just a month.
You can increase your height until you are 21 if you are a boy. And for girls, 18 is the last stage to increase height. After 18, you can increase your height but the growth will not be that much fast as before 18.
Average human height in India is 5.49 foot. As per the studies, average human height dropped around 3 foot in modern days. People used to be around 7 foot tall in early 1500s in India.
It is so astonishing to see that people nowadays are only 5-6 foot tall in India. Not only good height seems to be a good fact, but it have many other benefits too.
Tall people may have have lower rates of heart disease and diabetes. In the recent study, for every 2.5 inches of height, a person’s risk of dying from heart disease decreased by 6%.
Height is also important because it is closely correlated with other health components, such as life expectancy. Studies show that there is a correlation between taller stature and a longer life expectancy.
BENEFITS OF GOOD HEIGHT
1. REDUCE RISK OF DIABETES
2. GOOD AT SPORTS
It is found that people with taller stature may be good at several sports such as – basketball, volley ball, cricket, football, etc.
Generally, Tall people found it way too easy to play sports which need a tall stature.
3. SHARP MIND
It is true that people with good height are more smarter and have sharp mind than short people. Recent studies proved that people who have height more than average height, tends to be more intelligent and have good memory.
4. LOWER RISK OF DEMENTIA
More than 10 million cases of dementia are found every year in India. Majority of patient are those who have shorter height. Short stature is not a direct indication of dementia, but it can be possible that shorter people more likely to acquire dementia.
5. LOWER RISK OF HEART DISEASE.
That is why it can be possible that taller people have lower risk of heart disease.
6. MORE CONFIDENCE.
People Also Searched For:
EXERCISES TO INCREASE HEIGHT.
1. BAR HANGING
Bar hanging is actually just hanging on a bar with your arms and spine straight. This exercise is one of the best traditional exercises to increase height. Most of the early people done this exercise and they considered this to be the best.
When you hang on a bar, the gravitation pulls you down which stretch your full body and spine, that directly leads to have tall height.
- Hang up on a long bar with your hand spilt more shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine straight and your face forward.
- Keep your feet 5-6 inches up from the ground.
- Let you body elongate freely and Keep hanging till your arms starting get tired.
Hang for at least 1 minutes with your spine and hand straight.
2. COBRA POSE
Cobra pose is also known as Bhujangasana pose in India. This exercise is very popular as the “best exercises to increase height” in the world of yoga. It helps our body to stretch fully which looses your muscles and help you grow taller.
Cobra pose also strengthens wrists, arms, shoulders and back muscles. Cobra Pose stretches and strengthens abdominal muscles and is uniquely beneficial for toning uterine muscles.
Many trainers and yoga performers consider it as the best exercise to increase height because it stretches and lower the bad fat around your waist.
- First, Lie on your belly.
- Come onto your forearms, with your elbows directly under your shoulders and parallel to each other.
- Then, Stretch your legs straight back, about hip-width apart.
- Spread your toes wide and press the tops of your feet into your mat.
- Then, Firm your legs, and roll your inner thighs up, your outer thighs down. Press your tailbone toward your feet, lengthening your lower back.
- Press down into your forearms to lift your chest up.
Hold this position for almost 30 sec with your body fully stretched.
You might be thinking that how skipping among all these exercises can help you increase height. But it really do. When you skip a rope, Your body starts completely stretching the spine and the back muscles too. Hence, Stretching your body makes you taller and stronger.
The constant bending of the knee while skipping causes the calf muscles to flex continuously. Calf muscle creates a high pressure on blood to pump throughout the body which delivers nutrition to every part at perfect time.
- Hold the rope while keeping your hands at hip level.
- Rotate your wrists to swing the rope and jump.
- Jump with both feet at the same time, one foot at a time, alternating between feet, etc.
- Repeat until the set is complete.
Try skipping for around 1 minute or do 70-80 skip in one set. Do at least 3 sets if your goal is just to increase height.
4. MOUNTAIN POSE
Mountain pose (Tadasana) help you stretch your spine and back muscles and improve your body posture. All these processes of straightening of spine show good result for height. Thus, Tadasana is considered as one of the best exercises to increase height among growing children.
This pose can also reduce back pain if done on regular basis. This pose strengthens the thighs, knees, ankles, abdomen, and buttocks. It is also helpful for relieving sciatica and for reducing the affects of flat feet.
- Stand with the bases of your big toes touching, heels slightly apart (so that your second toes are parallel).
- Then, Lift and spread your toes and the balls of your feet, then lay them softly down on the floor.
- Gradually try to stand still with your weight balanced evenly on the feet.
Hold this position for almost 2-3 minutes in a set and perform 2 sets for each.
5. DOWNWARD DOG.
Even though this exercise sounds weird, but it is one of the most performed exercises to increase height. Downward dog stretches out the back of the legs and your lower back and creates space between your vertebrae and between the shoulders.
By lengthening and stretching the spine, you bring more oxygen in to the body. You will feel a stronger, longer backbone and spine as well as more strength in the entire back body as you practice this pose.
Also, It Strengthens the whole body – upper body, arms, shoulders, abdomen and legs. Stretches the back of the body, ankles, calves, hamstrings, spine. Calms the mind. Stimulates blood circulation.
Thus, having that much benefits makes you increase your height and make you grow taller and stronger.
- Get down on all fours. Start on the floor with your hands shoulder-width apart, with your shoulders above your wrists.
- Lift your knees. Next, tuck your toes against the mat or ground, using that leverage to extend your legs and lift both knees into the air.
- Therefore, Hold and release.
Hold downward dog position for 5-10 breaths with your body fully extend.
6. STANDING TOE TOUCHES
Touching your toes can be an ideal way to increase height as it requires your spine, arms, glutes and hamstrings to stretch fully. Touching your toes can be hard but practicing it daily can help you do so.
- Stand tall with your hands straight up in the air.
- Keep your feet on the ground pressed tightly so you do not lose grip.
- Then, slowly bend down and try to touch your toe with your knee straight.
- Stand back again.
NOTE: Do not just dead hang after bending down. Make sure to make a hold and not to unbend quickly. Keep your knees straight and do not let them bend at any cost.
7. KNEE-TO-HEAD POSE
The benefits of head to knee pose (janu sirasana) are vast. It helps you in stretching your hamstrings, groin and spine, this mild spinal twist also calms your mind. Head to knee pose is known for relieving anxiety, fatigue, and mild depression.
However, with many benefits of janusirasana, it stretches most parts of your body and as a result, it is considered as the best exercise in development and increasing teenagers and children’s height.
- Sit on the floor with an erect spine.
- Stretch your right leg in front of you.
- Fold your left leg and try to place your sole of left leg on the inner part of the right thigh.
- Now inhale and raise your both the hands.
- While exhaling bend forward to place your head on right knee.
Hold this position for around 10 sec and try to touch your head to your knee. Do 5-6 sets for each leg.
8. WHEEL POSE
Wheel pose, also known as Chakrasana, have various benefits. It is really helpful in increasing height as well as it strengthen your arms, abdomen, legs, wrist, back, and shoulders. So, you can expect toned and strong muscles by doing doing this exercise.
It also helps in Asthma, as it expand ribcage and let our lungs fill out with oxygen more. It have many other benefits for curing breathing and heart problems.
Chakrasana is extremely helpful in increasing height, no matter what your age is, because this asana counteracts the typical sitting posture by opening the chest, shoulders, and hips.
- First, lie down on your back.
- Then, Bend your knees, bringing the soles of your feet close to the buttocks.
- Bend your elbows and bring the palms of your hands overhead, placing them underneath your shoulders with the fingertips pointing towards your feet.
- Then, lift your shoulders and hips up off the floor
- Straighten your arms as you lift your head off the floor.
Hold this pose for at least 30-40 seconds with your body fully stretched.
9. VERTICAL BEND
Vertical bend is slightly same as toe touches. But there’s a difference. Vertical bend just need you to bend down with your leg straighten and let your head touch to your knee.
Vertical bend is actually helpful for increasing height. It let your calf, glutes, buttocks, back, and hamstrings stretch which opens the muscle tenders, which in result, increase height.
- Start with standing vertically and straight.
- Then slowly bend down with your legs straighten.
- Stretch your body till your head reaches the knee.
- Pull yourself to the knee with the help of your hands.
- Then, slowly come back to the starting position with your back straight.
Hold this position for at least 30-40 seconds and do not let your legs bend.
10. ROTATING TOE TOUCHES.
This version of the exercise is great for raising your heart rate, targeting the muscles in your lower body, burning calories, and improving speed, balance, and foot-handling skills.
You rely on the strong muscles in your glutes, hip flexors, quads, hamstrings, calves, and core to properly perform a standing toe tap which people find hard to do.
It helps you to elongates your spine and stretch your whole body which directly leads to increase in height.
- Start with standing with your legs split more than your shoulder width apart.
- Bend down as much as you can.
- Try touching your one leg with alternating hand. As an example: touch your left leg with right hand and right leg with left hand.
- Keep tapping your toes with you legs straightened.
Do 40-50 taps in a single set. Perform 2-3 sets for each.
People Also Searched For:
HOW TO INCREASE HEIGHT – TIPS.
1. INCREASE VITAMINS
Vitamin F contains fatty acids which are helpful in growth, hormone production and maintenance of cells. So make sure you increase the intake of all these essential vitamins.
2. TAKE PROPER NUTRIENTS
Studies have found that as nutrition has improved over time, people have gotten taller. So, children that eat a diet rich in calcium, protein, and other nutrients will be able to maximize their potential for growth.
Consuming enough nutrients is really essential in growth age of children’s because it promotes your body to increase the secretion of growth hormone.
3. SIT STRAIGHT.
Sitting straight plays an important role in increasing height. Make sure that every time you sit, Do not bend your back. Sit properly with your spine straight.
Studies have shown that people who sit with their spine straight, grow more taller than others who don’t. Your spine grow more taller when it is straightened because your spine tend to grow taller only if it is in good posture.
4. DO NOT OVERTHINK
Yes, you heard it right, ” DO NOT OVERETHINK “. Overthinking will not help you at all. In fact, it will show the opposite result.
When you overthink, You start getting anxiety and stress for your height. Your mind start showing you negative thoughts and at last you start feeling unwell.
You subconscious mind is the key. Do not let it know that you are not getting taller. If you do so, it will acquire a mind set that you are not growing which will directly lead to inhibit your growth.
Always try to think positive that your height is increasing. Do not overthink everytime. Just leave it on your body. Let it grow by itself and just start exercising.
5. TRAIN YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND.
First of all, you need to understand that your subconscious mind is the key to everything. Training your subconscious mind wrong can lead you to total destruction and training it right can make you successful.
Do read “the power of your subconscious mind” book to know well about your mind. It will help you a lot.
Besides, to increase height, all you need to do is, repeat a sentence just before sleeping. Lie down on a couch or bed, close your eyes and just relax.
Then, Recite these words in your mind “My body is completely relaxed from head to toe. My body is growing taller and stronger. I have a tall stature and I am growing well.” Just reciting this sentence will definitely show you better results.
Recite those words with full dedication and with burning desire in yourselves. Just do not overwhelm while saying this. Keep reciting them being relaxed and with full dedication. Say those words till you fall asleep.
6. REGULAR WORKOUT.
When you start working out, then you start building your muscles and start making your bones stronger. Working out also stretch every ligament in your body which in result you start growing taller.
Regular workout is really important. Skipping your workout days in teen age can cause you a big problem. Having lower amount of physical activity will not done a single thing. Even your muscles cannot grow with lower amount of training.
Therefore, you must have regular physical activity to grow bigger and taller. You can take one day rest after every 3-4 days of workout. Perform the exercises to increase height which are given above.